Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Guest Blog!

Hey ladies and gents! My name is Mallory and I LOVE the summertime. Seriously, can you think of a more fun time of year? The best things happen in the summer. Popsicle eating, open-sunroof-driving, carnivals galore and all kinds of water related activities, my personal fave. While we're all partaking in the best things summer has to offer, we've got to look good doing them! I'm blogging to show you a couple examples of how to look effortlessly fabulous while partying it up in the sun.

                          Poolside.


(Top - H&M, Skirt - DownEast Outfitters, Bag - Old Navy, Shoes, Shades & Hat - Forever 21)

I've absolutely been loving the fashion trends this summertime. One of my favorites is maxi skirts. They just scream summer to me, and let me tell you, they are heavenly. On the comfort scale it might even surpass pajamas. We're talking serious comfort here people. Another trend I am loving is bright bright colors and neons! They're everywhere and it's a girls dream. And I mean every girl's dream, because who doesn't look good in a big pop of color? That's right, nobody. Throw on a hot color and you instantly look fashionable. It's a secret weapon. Also, it's super summery. So when I'm headed to the beach or pool, one of my favorite things to do is put these two trends together! Just throw on a great patterned maxi skirt and pair it with a flowy, light top in a bright color over your swimsuit and you're set. It's even better if you put on some bright colored sunglasses too. Instant style. Strappy, gladiator style sandals and a floppy sun hat as huge as you can find are also a must. I also love my metallics, so I've got my silver beach bag to hold my towel, sunscreen, book and other poolside essentials. Easy as that! Effortless but breezy and very summery.

Outdoors.



    (Top, Shorts, Bag - Forever 21, Scarf - Gifted, Shoes - Sperry's, Glasses - H&M)Another one of my favorite summer activities is going up the canyon near my town for      bonfires, picnics, longboarding, stargazing, hiking, you name it. You can even go up to the ski resorts like Sundance and ride the chairlifts up for a scenic tour like I did in these pictures! There is so much to do up in those mountains. I love it. When you're going up there, you want to look like you are stylish but ready to go on an insane adventure at the same time - cause you are! Here's another one of the best trends: button-up chambray shirts. They are absolutely my favorite, go-to summer shirts. They're so lightweight, comfortable and effortless-looking, and look wonderful on anyone. Throw one on with some bright colored shorts and you're lookin' good. I like to tie a breezy patterned scarf in a bow around my neck and pair it with a chambray to add some simple flair. Boat shoes are also fantastic for those summer adventures. I advise getting some Sperry's ASAP. And of course, don't forget the shades - again, I love the metallics and try to work them in wherever I can. An over-the-shoulder bag in a neutral color looks casual but cute and can store all your stuff while you explore. Finish of this look with a carefree summer hairstyle like beachy waves and you'll look like a summer dream.



With these simple tips, all the great trends this summer, and the FABULOUS new release from the Pedaling Nomad, looking effortlessly fantastic at all your fun events this summer will be a cinch! Now go eat a popsicle and sit in the sunshine (in a maxi skirt, of course ;) ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment